March

Time is just flying by! I can't believe next month is our final month and we'll be graduating so soon! In the beginning of March, we had our NBME shelf exam in med pharm. It was a 113 question long exam (and more difficult than our typical med pharm exams), but I'm glad we got some exposure to cumulative exams since I'll be doing a few of those in the near future during and after PA school. In addition, we had our second to last cell control exam... just one exam separates us from a master's degree - woo! Now that med pharm is officially over, we have tons of free time and I'm excited to enjoy this weather but also prepare my application for PA school!

This month, I continued volunteering with Edible Schoolyard - through weekly garden education classes and at their fundraiser "Edible Evening" at Langston Hughes Academy. This event is ESY's major source of funding for the entire year and it was such a fun volunteer experience! I was assisting the restaurants set up before the event and then got to enjoy the party after my volunteer shift. There were so many restaurants/vendors and I got to sample so much delicious food including Paladar 511, Company Burger, Restaurant Revolution, and Liberty's Kitchen just to name a few!

In addition to volunteering with ESY, I also volunteered at BUKU Music + Art Project, a music festival hosted every year at Mardi Gras World. There was a great mix of different artists - not just limited to music, but the arts as well!

Enjoying ESY's Edible Evening!



Total March hours: 25
Spring total: 45 hours

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April - the last post!

September